Sunday, February 24, 2013

Good Bye Everyone


A few days ago, Amazon sent out a letter about changes to the Affiliate Program.   I've never made much off of it ... maybe a whole $100 over the past 7 years.  Maybe a bit more.   Even when I send friends the "magic links", they only tend to "work" about 20% of the time.

Frustrating.

But, I've persisted with this blog in hopes that extra sales would increase a bit as people used this blog ... which hasn't happened much with a readership of less than 40 unique hits a week.

 I didn't have time to read the letter, it's usually small stuff that has little effect on me....  But I should have read the letter!

Just a few minutes ago, I read this blog .... http://www.fkbooksandtips.com/2013/02/24/important-changes-to-the-blog-please-read/
http://blog.booksontheknob.org/2013/02/changes-afoot.html



I was shocked!


Seems Amazon will be docking all associates who promote Free Kindle Books as their main focus.   I would expect that every single one of the Big Blogs restructure over the next few weeks, and all of us small ones will shut down entirely.

I'll still work on the other blogs ... but everyone will be on their own as far as finding Free Kindle Books.   Sorry folks, but that's the way Amazon wants things to be.   I think it will turn around and bite them in the end though, because MOST people find the free books through websites like this one ... and beginning authors rely heavily on blogs like this to get the word out that their books are free.  This will make it harder for those authors as well.  Young authors like my daughter ... who will be offering one of her books this week ... "Saffron's Big Plan."


1 comment:

  1. I am sorry to hear you go! I found you a few months back and have really enjoyed your emails update. I have used your blog a lot to find free ebooks for my kids. It sucks when big corporation make changes just thinking of themselves, but c'est la vie! Thank you again for doing what you did for so long. God bless!

    ReplyDelete